Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Personalized Burlap Candleholders

I found some candleholders with coordinates on them for sale and loved them. They felt a little impersonal though and also just one cost almost as much as it cost me to buy all the supplies for mine. I wish I had taken a picture of the ones I found at the store but I just wasn't thinking about it at the time.
I bought the stencils, paint, burlap, and all the glass vases at Hobby Lobby. I looked up the coordinates for each of our birth places on google and then I got busy.
 

I used a Q-tip which turned out to be the perfect size and was a lot easier to control than a stencil brush.
This is what they looked like once the stenciling was done.
I just frayed the edges a bit and used ModPodge to get them on the vases
 
When they are all lit up you lose some of the numbers but that was ok with me, I like the texture of the burlap just fine by itself.
I'm loving the final product and am excited to get them on the mantel at the new house.
I love that they are personal to us and a little quirky.
 
xoxo
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment