Monday, February 4, 2013

Borax in the Laundry and Bathroom

I have some Borax, and by some I mean a huge box full, left over from my pre-blog experience with making my own dishwasher detergent. In my opinion it was successful but the glasses were a little foggy and no one else in my home liked that so back to Cascade we went. I'm sure I will try it again but until then I had this huge box of borax taking up some much needed space in our laundry closet.
My goal to use this sucker up is to use it for absolutely everything listed on the back of the box. FYI there are a lot of uses listed on the back of the box.
I started with the laundry use which is really just detergent boosting. It says it's a safe alternative to color-safe bleach and after a load or two I'm totally buying into that. My little monster gets inexplicable grass stains on the knees of his jeans pretty much every single day(He also gets tears in the knees, I'm assuming while he's at school he does a lot of crawling around on his knees in the grass because that is the only thing I can come up with for this would happen all the time!!! I'm sure if I asked his teacher she would assure me this was not the case).
 
Anyway, extra use for Borax #1=success
 
Also, I know Borax in it's undiluted state is poison but Clorox is also poison and I always use both of these products in their respective diluted states. I'm not concerned about him getting Borax poison because I add it to my laundry, I've done the research and I'm pretty confident in the safety of it when diluted(I did that research prior to putting it on our dishes)

Borax in the Bathroom, not as easy use as in the laundry where you just dump it in, but it is effective.
I followed the directions on the back for the toilet and it is now sparkling and the bathroom doesn't have that boy bathroom scent *ewww* anymore.
Extra use for Borax #2=another success

No comments:

Post a Comment