Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Ready to DIY to the extreme

I'm so ready for us to get in our house and get it decorated. Unfortunately our close date has been changed which is going to put it "on or before" March 22 which also happens to be the day we are getting married(wow this March is busy!). So with this new date we are going to have all of about 1 night to get stuff moved in and enjoy our house before heading off for some fun Honeymoon vacation time in the mountains.
So before the end of the month rolls around I'm trying to wrap my head around what colors I want to use and how I want our house to look/feel. This is where I'm getting some inspiration...
 
I L.O.V.E yellow and grey and I think something like this would make a happy and fresh room to spend time relaxing in.
I really, really want to get a new sofa because the one we have is Shane's bachelor pad one that while comfortable, it is super ugly. I'm definitely hesitant to get a white sofa because all I can think about is little fingers covered in Cheetos orange being wiped all over it.
 
I like how eclectic feeling this room is
 
I like a lot of the ideas here from House Pretty
 
I'm so unsure of what direction I'm eventually going to go with.
 
So I think we might go with this Ektorp sofa in Svanby Gray from Ikea because it's neutral and I think it would fit in well with any direction I decide to go.
I think it will hide stains much better than the white.
I'm ready to order this and get it in the house ASAP and get the old ugly sofa out
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment