Friday, March 22, 2013

Get Outta Town!

Awful! That is the only way I can sum up Thursday for us. After finding out that our close date is being pushed another week because the final inspection had a couple issues and our loan originator woman is a super procrastinator. We found this out a whopping 18hrs before we were supposed to close, which was also right in the middle of my 30min off between job one and job two. So I decided we needed a break and some time away from it all doing something to get us excited about this house again.
I've never been to Ikea, I've wanted to go for a couple years now but the closest one is 3 1/2 hours away. Yikes! Not a drive I want to make with my monster just to drag him around a store then trap him in a car again. But today was the day! Parker was in school and my mom agreed to pick him up for us and keep him til we got home. We drove the entire 3+ hrs there and the whole time Shane and I talked. We vented about the things that we were mad about with this home buying process, we spent some time talking about gross stuff making each other laugh for the first time since we got the crappy news, and we talked about the house and what we want to do once we do(finally!)get in there.
So I officially LOVE that store!!! I could spend days walking around in there. Since we need some furniture we spent time inspecting,testing, and deciding on what we liked best. But after that drive I wasn't about to leave empty handed so this is what we got:
-A grey and white fleece throw that Parker loves
- a Gurli throw in white/cream that will go with our current sofa(and hopefully make it look prettier) and our future grey sleeper sectional we found today
- a pack of 3 cork trivets
-2 packs of Hären wash clothes
-Tons of Tekla dish towels that I'm considering doing a DIY monogram on
-a Rationell utensil divider for the new kitchen
-a Patrull alligator bath mat to keep the monster from slipping in the tub, although I'm not sure if he's gonna think he's too big for it so it may go to my nephew instead
-A couple ice cube tray that are shaped to make cubes that fit down in drink bottles
-4 white Nyttja frames for 5x7's
-2 white Virserum frames for those 8x10's I have coming
-a 2 pack of white Kassett magazine/paper holders 

Overall a great day that gave us time to just talk and spend time together getting excited about the house again instead of dwelling on the fact that we aren't gonna be moving in this weekend. Shane went with me because he loves me and wanted me to be in a better mood but when we left he was telling me how we need to come back and how there were things he didn't get to test out because we ran out of time. I hope everyone else had day that was better than the one before it!

No comments:

Post a Comment