Sunday, March 10, 2013

Easter Egg Burlap Door Sign

About a year and a half ago I made my first burlap sign. It was a football and it got thrown out during our last move. So with our plans to close on the house on March 22nd we should be in our house for Easter. Our new house will have a black door which will showcase a bright new sign perfectly so I bought some burlap(I bought 1 yard for $2 that I used for our burlap candle holders and this project) and busted out the paint.
Oh yes, I definitely painted this on a lid for one of the bins we are using to move with and much to Shane's happiness I was able to get all that paint that bled through off using my Mrs. Meyer's counter cleaner. I free-handed the cutting and the painting which led to a little unevenness but I'm ok with that. I wasn't really in a perfectionist mood when I was up at 2AM painting because I couldn't sleep. The next morning when it was all dry I glued the back on and stuffed it full of burlap scraps and plastic bags and this is what I ended up with...
Once we get in the house I'll stick some craft wire on there with some pretty ribbon and we will have our first holiday décor for the new house! Yay!!!
I'm so ready to get in there and do some holiday decorating! Ummm...what holiday comes next?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment