Thursday, January 24, 2013

My Weekly Menu for...January 27-February 2

I do weekly grocery shopping. No real reason for doing it that way other than that's just works best for our family. For me it's a lot easier to manage the unexpected when I only give myself small windows of time for unexpected things to happen...like say, a week :) Due to working full time anyway and never knowing when the hospital I work at might throw some overtime my way, I tend to shift my meals around some but it is incredibly helpful to have a plan for what meals I have on hand for the week and which day I would like to cook them. I generally try to do any crock pot meals on my work days because those 12 hr shifts don't leave me with a lot of spare time in the evening.

Sunday: grilled hotdogs
Monday: buffalo chicken taquitos
Tuesday: BLT sandwiches on wheat bread, pasta salad
Wednesday:grilled cheese waffles
Thursday: Paula Dean recipe roast, mashed potatoes
Friday: Family Night
Saturday:leftovers

Recipes

I've tried to find this Paula Dean recipe again and can't, luckily it was easy to remember. You will need: 1 can cream of mushroom, 1 can stewed tomatoes, 1 packet of onion soup mix, and a roast.
I pick whichever roast is on sale at the time and I've never had it turn out bad. Cut your stewed tomatoes up a bit then mix in the soup and soup mix. Roast goes in the crock pot and your mix goes on top. Let it cook for 6-8 hrs. It's yummy by itself but I like it best with cream cheese mashed potatoes.

For grilled cheese waffle, just assemble your grilled cheese sandwich as normal but cook in the waffle maker instead. This is my little monsters favorite way to have grilled cheese made.

I got the recipe for the taquitos from http://www.dealwisemommy.net/2012/06/dinner-idea-buffalo-chicken-taquitos/
But instead of using milk I use sour cream instead( we ran out of milk when I was making this recipe
 once and used sour cream to avoid another trip to the store and now we just prefer them that way)


Family nights for us is pretty similar every week, it's been toned down a bit recently will I've been budgeting a little more strictly. It originated as a Disney movie night with theme food and activities followed by watching a Disney movie. We still watch the Disney movie but now we do pizza because its quick and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment