Monday, January 28, 2013

Fluffy Valentines Wreath

Ok so having never made a wreath before, this was surprisingly easy. It is however time consuming so you have to be prepared to invest some time. I worked on it while catching up on the DVR shows, while talking and hanging out with a friend, etc, I also took plenty of breaks :)

What I bought was 2 packs of red tissue paper, 2 packs of pink tissue paper, and a styrofoam ring. Instead of using hot glue I just used some E6000 glue I had left over from a project I had made for my sons class.


I used a pen to pre-poke holes in the styrofoam and then put a dot of glue in each hole. I didn't measure when I cut my tissue paper and really you can't tell the size difference when it's done.
I did the outside edge and the top but left the inside edge alone because the other covered it up anyway, see...


My fun ribbon to hang it with!!


Here's the finished product, with one heart for each member of our little family. I love how it turned out and I'm so excited for all the Valentine's decorations I plan to make with my little monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment