Saturday, January 26, 2013

A homemade kind of day

Yesterday I got a phone call from one of my besties wondering if I was gonna be working last or if I could watch her little boy for her because her mother couldn't today. Well I did have to work for 12hrs last night and so did she and in our delirium we concocted a plan to hang out today and stay awake together so that no one was watching him alone therefore decrease the risk of someone falling asleep while trying to keep an eye on him. Turned out, we had a great homemade kind of day and despite the sleep deprivation we accomplished a lot! We ran some errands while I borrowed her washing machine(I'm a laundry hobo right now because my overused machine decided to quit on me). Eventually we got hungry and came back to my house to make some goodies. I made us these yummy Hawaiian roll ham sandwiches(I got the recipe from blissfulanddomestic.com). This is the second time I've made them and they are so yummy!

We also found some valentines funfetti cake mix and We made cupcakes with homemade cream cheese icing! They were oh so delicious! I'm really not sure how much icing I ate today but I know it was a bunch!!!

After our snacking, the baby fell asleep and she decided to nap, unfortunately no nap for me because it was almost time to get Parker from school so I decided to deep clean the bathroom. But I had almost no bathroom cleaner left so I made some :) I mixed equal parts white vinegar and liquid dish soap and gave the bottle a little shake. I've seen this mix all over Pinterest and they always say to use blue dawn dish soap. Well I don't ever use the blue kind so I just used the pomegranate scent kind I had in my kitchen and it worked so I don't think using the blue dawn is a must. My bathroom looks spotless! And the vinegar smell disappeared within about a couple minutes. This was my first experience making homemade bathroom cleaner and I was very impressed by how well it worked and I tested it on everything in the bathroom from the trash can to the tub. 

No comments:

Post a Comment