Monday, May 13, 2013

Stomach viruses and a miracle

So since last Thursday or so we have been sick in this house. I started off the stomach bug we have passed around. It started while I was at work early Thursday morning and it lasted well into the weekend. Ugh! and now my little monster has it. He woke up this morning saying his arm and legs hurt and he was "noxious" which seemed to go along pretty well with my experience of achiness and nausea.
Along with the fun stomach bug he is having a little respiratory flare up so the inhaler is back out and so is the vapor rub. Speaking of vapor rub that is where the miracle happened. After listening to him cough all afternoon Friday after school I knew he was never going to sleep through the night with that cough. I had seen on pinterest that you can put vapor rub on the soles of your feet and slide some socks on and it would get rid of the cough. I didn't have a whole lot of faith in it because the cough medicine I had already given him had decreased the frequency of his cough but by no means got rid of it. It was a bit of a fight to convince him to sleep in socks but it definitely paid off. Now for three days we have been doing vicks slathered on feet and no cough medicine and he is sleeping soundly with no coughing. I'm totally suggesting this to people from now on if they are struggling with a coughing kiddo because if it can get rid of my little monsters cough then I know it works. Pinterest to the rescue again, however there was no miracle stomach bug cure that I could find on there so hopefully that will be out of his system soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment