Friday, May 17, 2013

Easy DIY Zinc Letters My Ass

I wanted some of those Anthropologie zinc letters for my kitchen and I've seen plenty of DIY versions on Pinterest. Apparently these letters are so easy for others to DIY however mine ended up looking like grey mud in letter shape. About the time I was about to throw them in the trash I figured I would try out the nickel spray paint I had. I threw away everything I know about getting an even spray paint job and got the can up close and personal so I would have some color variations. After the spray paint was dry, I dry brushed on some dark patina metallic acrylic paint.
I think they look darker in real life. I'm happy with them for now. I might try out a tutorial again for letters in the laundry closet but after how angry I got at these three little letters my guess is it will probably be awhile. I want a couple baskets to go on either side to hide some lesser used kitchen items. The more I look at this picture, the more convinced I am that I need to carve out some time to go buy a camera instead of continuing to use my phone. The letters are really darker and my walls look grey here but are actually taupe. arghh. It's driving me crazy now so it's obviously my bedtime.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment