Friday, May 17, 2013

From Pinterest to my kitchen counter

Anytime I get around to actually doing something I've pinned makes me very happy. After all I spend time finding and pinning things that I want to create and I don't want the things I pin to only ever be dreams of fun projects. This time this was my inspiration pin...
Pinned Image
This is from Natalme and she created this fun little cake stand like to corral her dish soap, sponges, etc.
I wanted to make one. I felt like it would definitely pretty up the kitchen sink some. So off I went to Salvation Army to find a candlestick and a plate and they did not disappoint. I had plenty to choose from. I walked away with a lovely brass candlestick and possibly the ugliest plate I've ever seen. With a glop of E6000 glue I attatched the two and after it dried I started the process of
 spray-dry-turn-spray. I sprayed it with Nickel spraypaint. All the hardware in my kitchen is brushed nickel and I'm not brave enough to go with as daring a color as she did.
 
 
This is what I ended up with. I love it and while I still need some different soap pumps, for now it is happily holding my pretty gloves, soap, and windex. Mine is plenty stable and hasn't tipped while using the soap or windex pumps but I'm pretty sure it's because I chose a candle stick that was wide on both ends.
The next project I'm hoping to tackle is this one
Pinned Image
This one is from Love in Motion I believe.
There are lots of variations of these floating around Pinterest. I'm hoping to get this one accomplished this week.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment