Monday, April 8, 2013

We are finally home!!!

We closed on our first home on April 2nd and we could not be happier. I can't believe today makes exactly one week of living here. There are boxes and bags and bins everywhere still. I was determined that I was always going to park my car in the garage(that's how excited I was to finally have a garage) and it's surrounded by more boxes and furniture. Our kitchen is up and running and I have already cooked a total of 4 meals in there and we have already grilled for the first time in our new backyard.
And then it came time to do some yard work and oh how that was a project I expected to be easier than it was. We are still not even halfway done with our front yard and we have already completely filled 40 bags. 40!!!
This was just at 20 bags so imagine the stack at the curb this morning!!
If anyone else has ever had to rake and bag leaves on a hill like this my heart goes out to you because I now know how insane this process is. The thing is, I can't even complain because I'm so happy and thankful to have a yard to rake that's our very own! Hopefully I will have everything in place soon so that I can start working on some projects.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment